Thursday, July 7, 2016

TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB "Are We Ready"

*VIVID RADIO is on the air*
Two Door Cinema Club

Two Door Cinema Club aren't immune from the problems around us.
Endemic hyper-capitalism seeps into everyday life, with conspicuous branding rippling through soft drinks right up into this very website.
New cut 'Are We Ready? (Wreck)' deals directly with this, and was prompted by the alienation the band often feel in 21st century life.
Alex Trimble explains: “While I was writing this single I discovered this term weltschmertz, the German word for being at odds with the world around you. The fact that it was a fully coined term and related to so many people that have existed and do exist made me feel it was okay to not exist on the same level as everyone else, it was okay to be comfortable doing your own thing. ‘Are We Ready? (Wreck)’ was me… not attacking the world around me but outlining why I don’t really get it and why I don’t fit in with it.”
The video for 'Are We Ready? (Wreck)' was directed by Thunderlips, with the duo intent on blazing back against consumerism: "We grew up in a tornado of ads - and I guess we fucking hate them, the video is like our collective nightmare".
Check it out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment