Friday, February 20, 2015

SCARJO "Check out my new song"

*THE SYNDICATE DOES NOT EXIST*

Scarlett Johansson has released an awesome new single from her girl band the Singles.
The 30-year-old actress is part of the electro-pop group with musicians Holly Miranda, Kendra Morris, Julia Haltigan and Este from Haim, a band that's preparing to join Taylor Swift on tour.
The Singles' new song Candy is inspired by multiple female songwriters and Scarlett intended for the tune to be a little lighthearted.
"The idea was to write super-pop dance music written and performed by girls," she told Rolling Stone. "I love Grimes. And I love the Bangles. And I love the Go-Go's. I wanted it to be like those bands: ultra pop but also a little ironic, a little in on the joke."
Scarlett is the lead singer on Candy, which is just over three minutes long.
Candy was produced by TV on the Radios Dave Sitek, who has worked with Scarlett before. He collaborated with the star on her debut 2008 studio album, Anywhere I Lay My Head, which is comprised of a series of Tom Waits covers. Dave has published the single on his Federal Prism record label.
Scarlett previously spoke about how much she enjoyed working on Anywhere I Lay My Head.
She recorded the album over five weeks in 2007 at Dockside Studios in Maurice, Louisiana.
'Releasing an album is like a little baby and you just have to nourish it and you need time for it,' Scarlett told UK TV show Daybreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment