Monday, February 16, 2015

KELLY CLARKSON talks fame

*THE SYNDICATE DOES NOT EXIST*

Kelly Clarkson thinks showbiz is hard to "navigate".

The singer and her husband Brandon Blackstock raise eight-month-old daughter River Rose together and Kelly is also stepmom to Brandon's son and daughter from a previous marriage.

Raised in Texas by her teacher mum and engineer father, the star found fame when she won the first series of American Idol in 2002.

The 32-year-old loves performing but would be reluctant to encourage little River Rose to follow in her footsteps.

"Oh no!" she exclaimed to Cover Media when asked if the cute tot might have a showbiz career ahead of her.

"I'm just like any mom, so I love showing pictures [of her]. It's such a tough business. Because of my upbringing I can handle it, but she will have a very different upbringing; more cushioned.

"It's a hard job to navigate and many people don't do it too well; very few do handle it well. I'd just rather she did something else. But if she wants to do it I don't care. She'll probably wanna fr*ckin' do it because I don't want her to [laughs]!"


Currently in England to promote her upcoming album Piece by Piece, Kelly hit the stage at London's G-A-Y club on Valentine's Day. She was joined by 22-year-old Nick Jonas, who rose to fame in a now-defunct boyband with his brothers Joe and Kevin.

The siblings are also from Texas, so Kelly knows them well. And they are among the stars she thinks have handled fame successfully.

"I fr*ckin' love him, I think he's so cute," she gushed about Nick.

"They're so sweet, all three of those boys are so nice. They are genuinely nice guys."

No comments:

Post a Comment