Monday, August 31, 2015

Stand Up Review: #Gabrielle

*Warning: PIRATE RADIO presentation*

Wonderful. Just wonderful! Terrific....not the movie, I had Arby's for lunch.

Honestly, who doesn't love a movie where the writer is a bit player in his own story. I loved it! I wrote my own jokes. Writing jokes is hard. Looking at a blank sheet of paper is harder then that.
They said "Why am I yelling?" because the punchline sometimes gets away and you gotta catch it.

"Hey! Get back here!"

But, you wanna know about the movie. Michael Madsen is a writer whos' son dies, so he wants to write one last book about a man who son dies, too. My only problem was believing all those tattoos and stupid clothes he had on belonged to writer. I mean, I know writers and they have no people skills. There's this one guy who's afraid of his own shadow, but he makes stories about murder mysteries. Michael Madsen belonged staring as the guy in the story that kills his family.

We all know he's the psychopath in every film he's in. But, this time, I think it was his crowning achievement. An Academy Award ending with a People's Choice script and a MTV cast.

I give it two bagels and a coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment