Tuesday, March 3, 2015

IGGY AZALEA "I'm GLAD I didn't win a Grammy"

*Warning: AMERICA UBER ALLES*
Rapper Iggy Azalea is glad she missed out on a Grammy Award because she feared an avalanche of criticism if she took home a top rap trophy.
The hip-hop star was nominated for four awards at the 2015 ceremony, including the coveted Best Rap Album for The New Classic, but she came away empty-handed.
However, the Fancy star is adamant she felt relieved not to have landed the album award, which went to Eminem for The Marshall Mathers LP 2, because winning would have unleashed a wave of hatred from critics. 
She tells US radio station Power 106, "I did not want to win that award. My speech would have been like, 'F*** this! I don't want it! Take it!'... I found it to be kind of ironic. It was because I'm white, therefore I'm appropriating culture. But then Eminem won it - who's white and won it many times - and they didn't seem to say anything about that."
Azalea has been been accused of appropriating black culture to boost record sales.
Meanwhile, Britney Spears has revealed she's working on new music with Azalea.
"I saw her song on TV and I was like a kid in a candy store. I was like, 'I love Iggy, I love that video, I want to work with her...' It was really weird because a week after that her manager was like, 'She's a huge fan of yours'. I was like, 'Let's do something together', so it worked out."

No comments:

Post a Comment