Monday, March 23, 2015

Almost Famous: BIANCA GERALD

*THE SYNDICATE DOES NOT EXIST*

Bianca Gerald is undoubtedly one of Leeds' most talented unsigned female singers and Accent Clothing are lucky enough to be supporting her on her musical journey. Bianca's self penned EP will be officially released on Sunday 23rd February with a launch party taking place at The Wardrobe, Leeds, as part of The Roots Project.
Come down and support the free event and be enthralled by an evening of live music headlined by Bianca, with special guests Vicky Robson-Capps and Ricky Middleton. For more information log on to Bianca's official Facebook Page 
smaller

2014 seems to be a significant year for Bianca, but with no financial backing or record label why, is now the right time for the DIY artist to take her career into her own hands? With many questions unanswered, we decided to get up close and personal to get an insight of her inspiration behind 'The Butterfly Ep', where she see's herself in five years and her favourite fashion idol...
2
15
17
 Bianca wears Replay Jungle Jumpsuit

When did your passion for music start? 
There really is no start date - it has always been there for as long as I can remember.
At what point did you decide that music was the career path for you? 
I just do not feel the same joy I feel for music with any other thing I have put my hand to. I am a 110% person so anything I commit myself to, I will tend to give it my all but with music it just comes so natural. The writing and performing comes from a sincere place of real love. I am a big believer of being driven by love and passion - I think it is what makes the world go round.
What inspires you when song writing?
Absolutely everything; sun rays on my face, the homeless guy on the street who I stop and talk to, energies I feel good and bad... my inspiration is like me - very eclectic. I started writing poetry from a very young age - it was deep then and it just got deeper - comes from within.
What inspired you in particular when writing The Butterfly EP? 
'The Butterfly EP' is one of my proudest works to date because it is the most honest, frank and sincere.I laid my soul bare with those songs. The inspiration comes from a place of anger, frustration, impatience and of reaching a real rock bottom in my life. The song writing was actually my therapy and seeing this release happen through my sheer determination will be my cure and saving grace. May sound cheesy to some but to me this has been a pivotal moment in my life. These songs are bigger than me.
What made you decide to branch out on your own and take your career into your own hands?
Creative control, being a musical rebel... you know not selling sex, shaking my ass or twerking. When you do things yourself you automatically have freedom; freedom to choose and freedom to explore and create. Should the day come where a third party says Bianca we can offer you all those things if you sign with us then I cannot say I would not consider. I want to do music on a global basis and will seek out every opportunity to do so, in line of course with keeping my musical integrity fully intact.
What have the ups and downs been, being a self-made artist?  
Finance plays a big part in how you can get yourself out there to the masses however thanks to social media; we DIY artists are able to market our product for free. Yes the hours are extensive but nothing great ever came out of easy work right? The ups are the things I mentioned in the last question - being able to have creative control and freedom to be the artist you actually are not one someone moulds you into. I am not an ''I cannot'' person I am an "I can and I will" so I really have not given myself time to dwell on the downs. Just learn from them and get better rather than bitter.
How would you describe your own particular fashion style? 
Ooh good question, My style has changed so much. From my hair going from long, extended, curly, straight, braided to wearing very tight and sometimes skimpy outfits, to now loving the whole classy covered and still sexy tone. I am a shoe lover and no outfit is complete without a great pair of shoes. I love colour, vibrant colours and white fabrics. I would say my fashion style is me…totally me and I dress as I feel. I express myself through my music and my fashion choices.
5
Who would you say is your fashion idol?
I do not have a particular one, though I am absolutely in love with '12 Years a Slave' actress Lupita Nyong'o and her style. Give me her wardrobe and I would be a very happy lady ha ha. I also am a long-time lover of Kate Moss - she is just a fashion legend... say no more!
What are your favourite designer brands?  
Ooh I love Finder's Keepers, Hugo Boss and Lanvin amongst many others. I have been blessed to wear some of these clothes on various shoots I have done this year and last year too.
What is your favourite item in your wardrobe? 
Definitely my beautiful black and pewter glitter Miu Miu stilettos. They make my heart smile... and my feet (give or take 2 hours wear ha ha).
Describe your perfect outfit. 
Soft fabric, white or a bright colour, I do love the elegance and convenience of a jump suit so a long straight legged loosely fitted sleeveless jumpsuit. Let's say silk... yes white silk with a magical pair of heels, open toe with a simple over the toe strap and ankle strap - in a rose blush tone and accessories to match. A chunky beaded necklace, studs and some pretty head jewellery. I love head jewellery.

3
What made you choose Accent Clothing as your sponsor? 
I LOVE Accent Clothing. Ever since being a teenager, I would always wait until the end of season sales and stock up on some wonderful and timeless fashion items, for ridiculously cheap prices. Accent Clothing sells the niche designers - it is a real hidden gem. Add that to the fact it is Leeds born and bred just like me and we we’re onto a winner! When Accent owner Louise expressed her interest in my music I was over the moon - the relationship between us is growing stronger daily and I think we will be very good for each other, both co introducing each other’s followings and mixing music and fashion, it cannot get any better for me.
So where will Bianca Gerald be in five years time? 
Only God knows that. I hope I am still making music, travelling the world and taking my music with me, touring and selling albums. Most of all though - I hope I will be happy.

Bianca is pictured here wearing the Batik Inspired Blazer by Maison Scotch, layered over the Classic coral tee with the Ready To Start Skirt by Mink Pink
8

11
4
10

Bianca wears Replay Crop Top teamed with Religion Bowie Trousers
6
7

Bianca is seen here donning the classic Trench style coat by Armani Jeans
9
1
Model: Bianca Gerald
Stylist: Rhonda Richards/Maxine Stewart
Creative Director: Rhonda Richards/Lucy Schiller
Make-up: Starla Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment