Sunday, March 22, 2015

Almost Famous: BELLA FERRARO

*THE SYNDICATE DOES NOT EXIST*

MOVE over Miley Cyrus - there's a new rebel in town.
She mightn't be twerking to a global audience herself, but former X-Factor star Bella Ferraro understands why Cyrus rebelled against her family-friendly roots with a saucy new image.
The Sydney teen sympathises with how the former Disney poster girl felt the pressure of being a role model for young girls when she herself was still growing up.
Bella's walked in Miley's shoes
Recording artist and former X Factor contestant Bella Ferraro. Picture: Simon Bullard
"It is difficult. I understand why she would have felt so pigeonholed to be a good Disney girl when under the surface she is very different," Ferraro said.
"That is something I struggled with because you are on a show being marketed to young girls so you feel you can't do the same thing girls your age are doing - and that's hard.
"I sympathise with Miley now she has the freedom to be herself instead of having to be a role model."
Ferraro, about to release her latest single Forgot You, said she purposely took time out to find herself and live her first year as an adult out of the spotlight.
Bella Ferraro during her stint on X Factor.
Bella Ferraro during her stint on X Factor.
"I turned 18 when I was on the show so from the word go I was in the public eye. Am glad I took time to really enjoy being a young adult," she said.
"I am glad I got to go out clubbing and drink and stuff.
"Now I am focused entirely on work and am not going out as much.
"I can't say I missed out because I didn't."

No comments:

Post a Comment