Monday, July 18, 2016

LOTTE WILLIAMS the Plus Size hero!

*Warning: PIRATE RADIO is on the air*
Lotte Williams modelling lingerie
 Lotte Williams sizzles in Curvy Kate's latest boudoir shoot
Voluptuous beauty Lotte Williams is no stranger to stripping off and flaunting her ample 30G assets in sexy lingerie.
She was crowned the winner of Curvy Kate’s Star In A Bra competition, which meant she landed a prestigious modelling contract and became the new face and body of the underwear brand.
But now the flame-haired beauty has posed in next to nothing alongside a host of other body-confident women in the most diverse lingerie shoot ever.
In an exclusive interview with Daily Star Online, the fashion graduate gave us the inside track on the world’s most inclusive campaign yet and why she’s crusading for more curves on the catwalk.
To launch their new boudoir range Scantilly, Curvy Kate’s latest shoot dubbed #TheNewSexy redefines beauty standards by including eight powerful curve queens.
Brave role models include an Alopecia sufferer, a transgender woman, an amputee and a recovered anorexic who all flashed the flesh in the name of fashion.
Explaining the message behind the snaps, Lotte said: “The new sexy is confidence – as long as you’re confident then that’s the sexiest thing isn’t it?
“If you’re comfortable in yourself and can appreciate other confident women then that’s the sexiest thing in the world.”
A lesson in confidence came when Lotte was catapulted into the spotlight after winning Star In A Bra, and she fell victim to cruel comments from bodyshamers and online trolls.
But the buxom beauty revealed she wasn’t picked on because of her curvaceous figure.
She said: “If you put yourself out there there will always be someone who wants to say something hurtful.
“You just have to ignore it, point blank. Not everyone in the world is going to find you attractive.
“But for every negative comment there's a 100 more positive ones and that helps so much. Funnily enough it's never so much about my body as it is my teeth.
“People have a real issue with the fact I don't have a Hollywood smile. But I always think if it doesn't bother me, why on earth does it bother them?”
Curvy Kate Scantilly shoot
DIVERSITY: Lotte joined an Alopecia sufferer, a transgender woman, an amputee and a recovere...

Now the 25-year-old is making waves by promoting her body positive message, firstly by ditching the term “plus-size”.
Lotte said: “I think the ‘plus-size’ term can be useful when it comes to shopping or categorising certain clothing, just as we do with petite and tall but I have my reservations about it being used to describe women.
“It implies that there is a normal size and anything above that should be considered ‘plus’.
“I think the fashion industry in general is changing slowly but surely.
“But I think modelling agencies need to stop differentiating between sizes. Curve girls should be including on the same board as non-curve girls. That would be a start.”
The Essex-born babe also called out social media stars and celebrities who retouch their snaps on Instagram.
She said: “I follow girls on Instagram that make me feel shit about myself on a daily basis, it’s a sort of guilty pleasure.
“The new sexy is confidence”
Lotte Williams
“However I do think I’m quite realistic when I look at these images but a lot of people aren’t.
"I’m never going to look like some of those girls regardless of what I do, so I have to find peace with myself and embrace the great things about my body.
“I have to think, they’re them and I’m me and I have to look and them and just appreciate they are gorgeous women."
Lotte added: “The only thing that can be detrimental is when people are Photoshopping pictures.
"I always assume people know that women Photoshop their pictures but I don’t think some girls do, especially young ones.
“They look at Khloe Kardashian and think that’s the way she looks but it’s just not the case and it can be so destructive.”
So what needs to change to tackle body image issues?
Lotte Williams in lingerie
BEAUTY STANDARDS: The 25-year-old model spoke out against bodyshaming
Lotte said: “I think because from a young age both girls and boys are brought up looking at everything that the fashion and beauty industry does, it’s plastered in magazines and on billboards and on the television.
"It's everywhere and they can’t get away from it.
“So in order to bring up girls and boys in this day and age they need to be exposed to more than one type of person.
"It should be the norm that we see diversity like we do when you walk down the street.”

No comments:

Post a Comment