Tuesday, July 21, 2015

GAL GADOT meets Gucci

*Warning: PIRATE RADIO presentation*
Gal-Gadot-Gucci.jpg

If you haven't heard of Gal Gadot yet, now would be a good time to familiarize yourself with her name. In addition to playing the role of Wonder Woman in the upcoming film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, the Israeli actress/model is also the face of Gucci's new fragrance, Gucci Bamboo. She's also the real-life equivalent of Wonder Woman: She does her own stunts, spent two years in the Israeli army, and is the mother of a three-year-old. "I just don't sleep as much as I used to," she says. Here's what she else she has to say about the Gucci scent, her fitness routine, and (yes) playing the piano naked.
Before you were the face of Gucci Bamboo, were you a fan of fragrance?"Yes! I am the type of person who, when I'm at the airport, immediately goes to the fragrance department at duty-free and starts to smell everything. And I'm very judgmental when it comes to scent."
What do you like about the fragrance? "I kept nagging them to let me smell the perfume before we shot the film because I was nervous that I wasn't going to like it. When they finally sent me a bottle, I was thrilled, because I simply loved the way it smelled. It has all the right elements: It's fresh, it's floral, and it's sweet but not too heavy."
Gucci Bamboo.jpg

I know you've done your own stunts in your movies. Did you do all the stunts for the commercial? "I didn't do the fencing due to scheduling conflicts. I did the driving; I did the piano thing; I did the dancing—I was a dancer for 12 years. We had a lot of fun shooting the commercial. I mean, when Fabien Baron first called me to discuss the creative for the film, I was thrilled. He mentioned all the things that I'm so into—the dancing, the driving. And he said, 'I want to show that women can be strong and independent, and they can lead, but at the same time they are still sexy and happy about life.' And women are like that, right?"
You're brave playing the piano naked. What were you thinking during that scene? "Just sit tight! And don't move too much so nothing will pop out. I used to the play piano, so I was playing notes, but I was also thinking so much about not turning or not moving this way or that. I really liked that scene because I thought it was so original, and it shows a woman playing this big, powerful instrument, liberated in her own skin, feeling comfortable, and celebrating her own femininity."
Well, you looked amazing. What do you do to keep in shape? Do you still dance? "No, I wish. It's something I really miss. I'm prepping for Wonder Woman, so I have a specific training routine for that. When I'm not working on movies, I really like paddleboarding and something called TRX."
Gal-Gadot-Gucci.jpg

What's that? "It's not CrossFit! Basically the whole theory of it is to work on your core, which is something very similar to paddleboarding and dancing."
Let's talk beauty. What are the products you can't live without? "Moisturizers. I love La Mer. And then makeup remover, mascara, and bronzer for contouring."
Were you beauty-obsessed growing up? "No, I was a tomboy. Yes, I danced, but I also played basketball, volleyball, and dodgeball, so I was not part of this world [of beauty and fashion]. I got exposed to it after I won Miss Israel and started modeling. When it came to beauty, I had no idea was I was doing."
What was most shocking to you when you started learning about beauty? "I was amazed at how much time people put into it&,mdash;this is still something that I don't put much work into. When I'm working, it's a different story, but when I'm not working, I just want to look nice and not have to spend too much time on it because there are so many other things I have to do."
You can watch Gadot's Gucci Bamboo commercial here: 


Looking for a new fragrance? Keep clicking to discover some of our favorite 

No comments:

Post a Comment