Tuesday, August 2, 2016

White Lies - 'Take It Out On Me'

*VIVID RADIO is on the air*

White Lies are back.
New album 'Friends' is incoming, with the band shooting a lavish, cinematic clip for lead cut 'Take It Out On Me'.
Brooding, melancholic fare, the dramatic songwriting is matched to superb visuals directed by award-winning Latin American talent David Pablos.
David Pablos of the video: "I had wanted to make a music video for quite a long time. I told everyone I knew in Mexico, how much I was looking for this opportunity,but nothing happened... And suddenly, out of nowhere, I got a message from White Lies, inviting me to collaborate with them! How exciting this was! The music video for 'Take It Out On Me' is a reinterpretation of traditional stories of saints, in modern day Tijuana, mixed with elements from the film 'Theorem' by Pier Paolo Pasolini. A little bit of dark humor and that’s the final result!"
The clip stars Harry McVeigh, who comments: "I spent four days in Mexico in Tijuana shooting the video with director David Pablos and his cast and crew; it was inspiring to work with such talented actors and with such a visionary and hard-working director. Seeing Tijuana from the perspective of the local people from all backgrounds and eating, drinking and exploring the vibrant and transient streets is an experience I’ll never forget. This video is a perfect love letter to Tijuana and it's people."
Check it out now.
'Friends' will be released on October 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment