Friday, August 5, 2016

Kaymbo Shines "For the Lights"

*VIVID RADIO is on the air*

Atlanta-based, Montreal-bred MC Kaymbo Shines has been steadily cranking out videos for each track of his recent I Quit My Day Job EP, and Exclaim! is proud to give you your first look at his new set of visuals for EP cut "For the Lights."

The MC's latest clip focuses on a model spending a day poolside, fixated on finding the perfect angle for some selfies while Kaymbo delivers his bars in the background. He penned the lyrics while thinking about the current generation's obsession with social media popularity, and the short-lived fame that people experience when they're in what he calls the "light."

"The song comes from my perspective and experience with dealing with women willing to do the 'most' for celebrities, people with money, or anyone who can lead them to the 'lights,'"  the MC explained in a statement. "I saw a lot of people chasing the lights when I moved from Montreal to Atlanta, and both cities have plenty of examples of people trying to get into the light."

I Quit My Day Job is out now and can be heard in its entirety here. Watch the video for "For the Lights" in the player below.


No comments:

Post a Comment