Thursday, March 12, 2015

AZEALIA BANKS "I was abused"

*THE SYNDICATE DOES NOT EXIST*

Azealia Banks penned a song about a past abusive relationship.
The outspoken singer burst on to the music scene in 2011 with smash hit song 212, which featured Lazy Jay.
Her first studio album wasn't released until late last year, but the star kept her name in the headlines with numerous celebrity feuds including a Twitter spat with Iggy Azalea.
However behind her tough persona, Azealia reveals she has suffered at the hands of an ex.
"The song Desperado? That's about when you get beaten up by your boyfriend. For the past couple of years I have been losing my mind and driving myself past several points of insanity. But it was from that insanity that I was able to write the album," she admitted to ES Magazine.
'I was dating this guy from when I was 17 years old. He was much older than me and he had a wife and he lied to me and told me he was divorced so that I would fall in love with him. And then he told me he was going to get a divorce and I was like: 'I thought you were already divorced?' Then we broke up and I went to Montreal and wrote 212.'
Their problems soon turned physical, with Azealia recalling how her ex would take testosterone, steroids and antidepressants.
Things came to a head when he lashed out at the 23-year-old.
"We got in to a fight and he beat me up. He actually beat me up twice because I was stupid and went back. And that is really why I am f**king crazy. Because that man has driven me crazy," she said of her own behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment