Tuesday, November 21, 2017

SlickdotR - "Pressure"

*PIRATE RADIO is on the air*
Image result for SlickdotR - Pressure
Ads by Kiosked
East London artist SlickdotR always delivers his music in the most passionate and clean-hearted fashion.
SlickdotR is no stranger to the grind and doesn’t need distractions while he is achieving his goals. Whilst living his life and pushing forward with his music, the East Londoner is definitely staying true to himself.
The powerful, uplifting track takes the listener on SlickdotR’s journey and connects you with his story and vision with hard-hitting verses and a hook that will get stick in your mind for days.
Speaking on the song’s concept, he explains “This was my reaction to certain pressures in life. It’s something we all go through but have to deal with.”
I managed to have a word with him about his latest song.
“I started playing around making beats using Reason and Cubase in 2005. Around the same time I started spitting after being introduced to Grime. Over the years of me emceeing and rapping, my beats improved and I officially started producing for myself in 2015. I find the songwriting the most challenging. Depending on the mood I’m in, the beat making can come quickly along with the chorus. Completing a song on the other hand, to the standard that I’m happy with can take a while. Throughout the process I’ve aways got the live element in mind. Trying to write meaningful, memorable lines and melodies that will work well on stage.
I’ve got a load of original material that I want to share with the world. SR1 Is already available on most streaming services and I’ll be following it up with SR2 around the first quarter of the year. I plan to reach more stages this year coming and I’m excited to hear what people think of this new sound I’m creating.The song Pressure already felt epic and cinematic to me, so I felt like it had to have a lot of visuals paying particular attention to landscapes and the sky. We spent a lot of time trying to perfect each individual shot. A lot of shots are static, which meant that we had to be really creative with the placement of everything within it. You might also notice that I’ve got my eyes closed right up till the end of the video. It shows how I’ve shut the pressure out of my life, but eventually had to confront it.
Overall, Kanye West inspires me as Artist/Producer, he’s always pushing the sound and that what I’m trying to do for the UK. Dot Rotten also falls within this group. He was one of the first I heard making Grime, with his production, hooks and melodic vocals. Lastly, Kendrick Lamar never fails to amaze me lyrically and conceptually”.
Follow Slick dot r on Instagram and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment