Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Jah Prayzah ft. Davido - "My Lilly"

*PIRATE RADIO is on the air*
Image result for Jah Prayzah ft. Davido - My Lilly
Ads by Kiosked
Jah Prayzah is one of the fastest growing success stories from Southern Africa.  Having recently headlined Zim Fest 2017 in London’s Kempton Park and his collaboration with Davido hitting over a million views on YouTube, he has established himself as a true international ambassador for Zimbabwe.
In 2016, he became the first Zimbabwean artist in history to bag a prestigious MTV Africa Music Award beating stiff competition from all over Africa for the prized ‘Listeners Choice’ category.
Talking of his achievements, he tells Link Up TV
“From my first album which I released in 2007, I’ve been growing every year.  2017 has been amazing for me especially the collaborations.”
Nigeria’s Davido is one of the most sought-after pop artists on the African continent and the rising Zimbabwean king did not shy away from expressing his admiration for the ‘If’ singer.
“It was always my wish to work with Davido. We met in South Africa because he was working with a Zimbabwean producer who knows me so that’s who connected us.”
The video, directed by the esteemed GodFather (D’Banj, P Square, Burna Boy), sees Davido singing lines in Shona (one of Zimbabwe’s languages) and is already making waves back home with support across MTV Base and Trace.
Zim Fest Live is the UK’s longest running Zimbabwe diaspora festival which this year saw Jah Prayzah headline a line-up that included Evicted, The Heritage Survival Band, Ard Matthews and Tytan to name a few and DJ sets from the reknowned Musiq Avenue and King Alfred.
Following a very lit performance in full army gear, he explains where his choice of stage attire originated.
“I always wanted to be a soldier. I was passionate about being a soldier. When I started music, I actually applied to be in the Zimbabwean army and went for the tests but that’s when I started performing.”
With a brand new album on the horizon – set to drop in October, My Lilly gives Jah more momentum to make his mark on the African continent but until then…
Download / Stream ‘My Lily’ here
Watch ‘My Lily’ here
Words by @fantajarjussey

No comments:

Post a Comment