Wednesday, February 15, 2017

PALE BLUE "Acid Waves"

*VIVID RADIO is on the air*
Pale Blue (Credit: Nelson Castro)

Mike Simonetti recently departed Italian’s Do It Better, launching his own label 2MR.
Image result for Pale Blue - Acid Waves (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Dedicated to existing at the cutting edge of culture, Simonetta has also unfurled his own Pale Blue project.
Damaged electronics with faint traces of pop, Pale Blue also utilises the vocals of Silver Hand's Elizabeth Wight.
New cut 'Acid Waves' is an imposing introduction, matching that future-forward production to some soft yet enormously affecting vocals.
Jessica Janos directs the visuals, and it's a challenging watch that fights back against domestic abuse and sexual assault.
Here's a note from the director...
It is inspired by something that I experienced over a decade ago, and like all survivors; have never forgotten. For the record, it does not involve anyone I currently know. I have been surrounded by people who love and care for me for several years, but that was not always the case. I know it is all too common for girls and women to experience violence and rape at some point in their lives.
Just a few months ago I had a moment that I felt so low thinking about this, that I didn’t feel like I could continue another day. I called a rape crisis hotline and talked for over an hour about how I couldn’t forget and how I was angry I never said anything. It is astonishing to realize someone you love and trust can do this to you and make you feel like you are human garbage. The aftermath does not last just for that moment – the feelings can last a lifetime.
I had to make something about this, to express the difficulty I had in speaking out. I contacted my friend Elizabeth Wight about doing this story to her and Mike’s music from Pale Blue and she was excited about the idea.
Art is a great way to confront memories and break the isolation. If you are a survivor, it is important to remember you have nothing to be ashamed about and find those to support you. Speak out. I thank you for watching and thank my friends for working on this and coming out to help and donating their talents. I love you.
- - -
Watch it now.

Image result for Pale Blue - Acid Waves (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

No comments:

Post a Comment