Tuesday, March 8, 2016

"The Close Ups"

*Warning: PIRATE RADIO presentation*

Part three of Nastia Cloutier-Ignatiev´s wonderful project called “The close-ups” is all about “Lovers”


“‘Lovers’ is obviously about love. With this set my goal was to show that love does not have any colour, religion, orientation or sex.” she tells. “Suprinsingly  I had a hard time finding diverse couples, I spend my last few weeks bugging my Instagram followers and friends to help me find some but most of the couples I found where uncomfortable because they where to recent or because they did not tell their parents yet. I wanted to clarify that because I already know people will be commenting on the fact that all the couples are practically white and I want them to understand that it is not on purpose. I really had in mind to make this a very diverse series but circumstances were against me. However I had so much fun doing the series and I really met some amazing people. This series is very important for me because love is beautiful, love is what guides us all, it makes us cry, be angry, happy… And I really wanted to have a diversity in the couples to show that love is for everybody and that you can love who you want and accepts the ones who others love.” ❤

The girl- Aïcha @the.mixed.mess The boy- Anthony @the.chvmp1on by Nastia Coutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg-2
The girl- Aïcha @the.mixed.mess The boy- Anthony @the.chvmp1on by Nastia Coutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg

Aïcha and Anthony
Aïcha and I have known each other since we are 7 years old,in elementary school we were one week best friends and the next one enemies. We stopped talking when she left for an other school and I am super happy that we decided to restart seeing each other because she is awesome and badass and her boyfriends is seriously adorable, the sweetest thing on earth.

The girl- Jeanne Lagacé @jeanne_lagace The boy- Xavier Macdonald @the.things.i.shot by Nastia Cloutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg
The girl- Jeanne Lagacé @jeanne_lagace The boy- Xavier Macdonald @the.things.i.shot by Nastia Cloutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg-2

Jeanne and Xavier
I meet Jeanne and Xavier a few months a go. I scouted Jeanne on Instagram to model for me and since then I see her has my ‘baby, protected,cute words’ model. First time I met the young couple they made me thought of my boyfriends and me when we just started our relationship. Two young lovers full of ambition: Jeanne has a future super model and xavier has a future well known photographer.

The girl- Karo Vadnais @karo_vadnais The other Girl- Karine St-Michel @karinestmichel by Nastia Coutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg
The girl- Karo Vadnais @karo_vadnais The other Girl- Karine St-Michel @karinestmichel by Nastia Coutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg-2
The girl- Karo Vadnais @karo_vadnais The other Girl- Karine St-Michel @karinestmichel by Nastia Coutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg-3

Karo and Karine
Karo and Karine are actually not a real couple, they are best friends. Karo is one of my favourites models she shoot with me in my beginnings and since then I always choose her when I am looking for someone badass because that is what she is.She is also an awesome nightlife partner, trust me, she knows how to party. I don’t know Karine has much has I know Karo, but I can tell you that she is a certified babe. She sings like an ange and dances like a queen, she has everything to make the boys falls at her feet. I love speeding time with these girls, when they are around there is such so much energy  it is impossible not to start acting crazy with them.

The boy- Boris @boris.leblanc The other boy- Yan Etchevary @yan.etch by Nastia Coutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg
The boy- Boris @boris.leblanc The other boy- Yan Etchevary @yan.etch by Nastia Coutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg-3
The boy- Boris @boris.leblanc The other boy- Yan Etchevary @yan.etch by Nastia Coutier-Ignatiev @nastia.jpg-2

Boris and Yan



Boris and Yan were the funniest couple I met. I could not stop laughing around them, I really had a good time. They are both two very interesting persons, their is a lot to say about them. Yan is a signer who is currently working on a project and Boris is a litteratue fan and a future visual artist, he is has  the work ‘poetry’ in Russian tattooed on his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment