Friday, September 18, 2015

MAYBUG "Out To Sea" release

*THE SYNDICATE DOES NOT EXIST*
Maybug
Maybug is nothing if not honest.
The Bristol-based songwriter tells it like it is, wearing his heart on his sleeve in the process. Emotive, sparse and deeply affecting music, his soft and tender voice is matched to lyrics which come from a very real place.
New cut 'Out To Sea' ably demonstrates this. The melody washes over you, partially obscuring the lyrics which, on deeper inspection, deal with some rather dark moments in the songwriter's life.
Maybug: "It [Out to Sea] is a song about how there are times that I struggle with my state of mind, but that's OK, and not a completely bad thing - and that it is a part of who I am. And also letting go and forgiving myself for that. It is also a thank you to those people who took the time to help me, and how I look forward to being able to help them out whenever they should need it."
Check it out now.
Maybug's new EP is out now – purchase link.

No comments:

Post a Comment