Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Miss Transgender STRIPPED of crown!

*Warning: PIRATE RADIO presentation*
Jai Latto was stripped of her crown

The UK has a new Miss Transgender, after the country's original winner was stripped off her title.
Daisy Bell, who came second in last September's competition, had the surprise of her life after receiving a text message saying she would be crowned the the new winner.
The title originally belonged to Jai Latto.

Latto's crowning proved to be controversial, however, as a dispute later ensued in regards to whether she was in fact transgender.

New winner Daisy,41, is originally from the Philippines but moved to the UK in 2001. She said she was "excited" by her new status.





Jai Dara Latto when she was crowned Miss Transgender UK
Latto had her title taken away for allegedly not living as a woman full time

She said: "I am very excited and pleased to be the new winner of Miss Transgender UK.
"I was on holiday in Tenerife when I got the message to say I would be re-crowned.
"Since I was a child I have known that I wanted to be a full woman. The support from my family was important, especially from my mum, who was very supportive."

South Wales Echo Daisy Bell
Daisy Bell has been given the crown instead


South Wales Echo Daisy Bell
Daisy Bell is proud of her glamorous image


South Wales Echo Daisy Bell
She was stripped of her Miss Transgender title


In the wake of Latto's win, a number of finalists complained she did not meet the criteria for the pageant.
An investigation was launched, leading officials to conclude Latto was not living as a woman "full-time."
According to the pageant's rules, any person identifying themselves as a transgender woman was eligible to participate in Miss Transgender UK 2015 on the understanding that they lived full time in their chosen gender.
Finalists were also only eligible to be considered for medical treatment for gender confirmation or feminisation surgery if they provided consent and could show they suffered from gender dysphoria.

Handout Daisy Bell and Conchita Wurst
Daisy with Conchita Wurst


Bell said she was delighted to have become the new winner of Miss Transgender UK and offered some words of encouragement to her community.
"I am very pleased to be the winner of the prestigious Miss Transgender UK
pageant.
"Life is full of challenges and opportunities. I have embraced these in my life. I have learned to be a positive person and be strong to fight the struggles I have encountered in life.
"As I entered this world of transgender, it was my decision to pursue the pathway of being a woman and achieve my goal to be part of the history."

No comments:

Post a Comment