Thursday, March 17, 2016

IIRIS "Hope"

*THE SYNDICATE DOES NOT EXIST*
IIRIS
IIRIS was born and raised in Estonia, but is currently part of the creative community that surrounds Goldsmiths in London.
Exploring new ways of communicating, her blissed out take on electronic pop is half hauntological, and half future-facing.
New cut 'Hope' is online now, and it comes equipped with some staggering visuals. A pared down slow jam, the video was created and directed by IIRIS herself.
"It's a very judgmental world out there, that's why I've made this video of my true feelings in the safety of my room, where I can be free of immediate judgement. So that I could acknowledge my feelings first without judgement to seek clarity and independence. For isn't it weak to fall to lust? Isn't it considered weak to let yourself get what you want instead of sticking with the grand plan? The video is a digital love letter to that someone I shouldn't have wanted. It's a video diary where I lay out my sensual feelings. I've never sent it to him. You can see me split into two or more representations of myself as my repressed emotions start to colour my world."
Check it out now.
'Hope' is part of a new EP that will be released on March 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment